Darlweb is a digital agency seeking an experienced IT Server Manager.
We are looking for a server specialist with strong working knowledge of managing Linux Web Servers and cloud infrastructures to join our team.
We are looking for someone, who shares our client ethos and approach, who is able to add value by advising our clients on optimal technical solutions, with consideration of their requirements and budget.
This is a role for someone who is very hands on, who can manage the security of our various cloud environments, following all best security practices.
This is an excellent opportunity for a committed person, who wants to help shape server and security processes going forward.
- Manage our various (Linux) cloud hosting environments
- Use configuration management tools and technologies to automate the provisioning of cloud environments.
- Develop scripts and automation tools to build, integrate, and deploy software releases
- Conduct regular audits to ensure all security guidelines are being followed by everyone in the agency.
- Manage and control the access to source code repositories and regularly audit them to ensure privacy and security guidelines are met.
- Manage clients domains and SSL’s
- Interact with our clients and help advise as to best solutions for their requirements
- Contribute to all deployment activities including preparing and executing go live plans.
- Regularly conduct cost-benefit analysis of new tools & platforms
- Contribute to company blogs on regular basis by providing insightful and industry related articles.
- Monitoring of security vulnerabilities, threats and events in or cloud network and host systems and servers
- Overall ownership of security incidents, reporting, and mitigation activities Monitoring and Reporting of
- Security and Risk assessments across our vendors & IT Systems for compliance best practices
- Carry out internal audits and reviews of Information Security documentation against agreed standards such as Cyber Essentials and ISO27001
- At least 5 years of demonstrable experience of Linux systems and administration in preferably LAMP environment.
- Enjoys creating and managing policies and processes
- Experience with cloud architecture design for small to large projects.
- Experience with cloud hosting environment like AWS, DigitalOcean, Rackspace etc.
- Experience with Virtualisation technologies like VirtualBox, Docker, and Vagrant.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible/Puppet/Chef.
- Experience with Jenkins and/or any other equivalent cloud based automation platform.
- Strong knowledge and experience with GIT and GIT hosting platforms such BitBucket, GitHub, etc.
- Experience with basic Shell scripting to execute server tasks.
- Hands-on with Linux commands to remotely manage and setup servers.
- Team building, fun day’s/night’s adventures!
- 25 days annual leave, plus all bank holidays
- Friendly working environment with music playing all day
- Working with a team of hugely talented and creative people
- Fresh fruit in the office
- Tea, coffee, herbal tea, hot chocolate etc
- “Drinks” down to the weekend, Friday afternoon
Darlweb offers a great career potential, in a fun and sociable working environment. If this sounds like you and you’re looking for a new challenge, in a role that you can really make your own, please send us your CV and salary expectations to [email protected].
We look forward to receiving applications from those legally able to work, unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship.In order to apply for this role, you must be free to work without restriction and have been consecutively for the last 5 years.
Job Type: Permanent